Re: Changing TextView style

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 17:51, Jaap Karssenberg
> <jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > This is exactly what the gtkrc is for, doesn't make sense to keep
> different
> > rc files for different programs.
> >
> > To make a change for zim specific you can use the widget name of the zim
> > textview, see http://www.zim-wiki.org/manual/Help/Config_Files.html for
> > details.
> >

> Thanks. I have a ~/.gtkrc-2.0-kde4 file. I hope that KDE4 won't
> overwrite it someday!
>
> Am I correct in assuming that I should use this type of declaration
> for configuring the TextView style:
> style "zim-pageview-style"
> {
>
> }
> Widget "*.zim-pageview" style "zim-pageview-style"
>
> I would test it myself, but in consulting the internet I cannot find
> what to put in there in order to indent the text by 50 pixels. What
> should that be?

Check the gtk API documentation (http://www.pygtk.org/docs/pygtk/), for each
widget there are "style properties" which can be set from the gtkrc. Some
global settings are documented here:
http://www.pygtk.org/docs/pygtk/class-gtkrcstyle.html .

I'm not a theme writer and not sure if anybody here is; for detailed
questions on customizing look of widgets I would look for a forum dedicated
to that topic.