Re: Windows Support (Re: Call zim remotely)

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Juancarlo Añez <apalala@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The last I read about Windows 8 is that things will change radically:
> http://goo.gl/qasbr
>
> How much is it worth to continue supporting Windows idiosyncrasies that are
> becoming obsolete and legacy? My own answer: Windows x86 is still 90% of
> desktops.

I doubt this is relevant for zim at this moment. We do not rely on windows
APIs in the first place. (Executing other programs and some IPC is about the
only place where we need them.)

I'm confident at some point python and gtk will be ported to windows 8, when
this happens zim will run on windows 8 and keep running on all "legacy"
systems that happen to have python and gtk. Legacy support may become an
issue for the python or gtk devs at some point in time, but I wouldn't loose
sleep over that.