Re: Thanks for the responses

This spoiler functionality might be emulated by a more general thing I have on
my mind for some time, though I'm not yet able specify it fully. I will do my
best here (excuse the length) and appreciate your thoughts and comments.

The basic idea derives from a use case "writing a book". I write it with
respect to the tree-structure of chapters, sections etc. For the sake of
clarity and editing efficiency, I don't really use different heading levels, i
rather insert sub-sections as sub-pages. The wiki index then looks more or
less like a book index.
Now for the feature: it would be often useful to have a possibility to see not
one single page only in the right pane, but more of them following each other.

This on left:

Chapter 1
	Sect 1.1
	Sect 1.2

Would, with the feature on, lead to something like this on right:

==== Chapter 1====
--- Actual content of the page named Chapter 1, serves e.g. as an
introduction.
### visual delimiter, as <hr> or so ###
	=== Sect 1.1 ===
	--- Actual content of the page named Sect 1.1 ---
### delimiter ###
	=== Sect 1.2 ===
	--- Actual content of the page named Sect 1.2 ---

This view would be useful for reading, printing, but often also for editing.
The depth would not necessarily be the maximal, it should better be
configurable. Thus we could set the level of detail we want to see. Very
useful for textbooks with the scale of summaries - more comments - basic full
text - fun facts - historical remarks.

It could work great with tag filtering.

Now to the spoilers: as suggested, they could be put in subpages. To reveal
the spoilers, user simply adds +1 on the level-of-detail slider. (Though this
affects all the spoilers at once, what perhaps is not exactly the original
request).

Another way how to see this thing, and from where inspiration is coming, is
source code folding. There individual (not based on depth in tree) collapsing
is allowed too (=> could work for the spoilers). We could also collapse parts
of pages based on headings. This leads to another thing I would like: linking
also to parts of pages, to be able to be more precise. This might be done by
rethinking the notion af a page and somehow dissolving the border between
"pages structure" and "structure of one page". Therefore I'm not sure if it
wouldn't change Zim into something different :-)
It is also a question of what is to be implemented in the data structures and
what is sufficient to do at presentation level (=> not changing Zim for those
who don't need the functionality).

I'm ready to explain whatever I might have blurred. Though, it may be blurred
just because this whole idea is not thought through sufficiently yet.

Can anyone else see some potential in this?
I hope so! :-)

Thanks for your patience and comments,
Dan Lessner