Re: Win update not working on my Win XP

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 8:10 AM, Marco Cevoli <marco.cevoli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've downloaded the 0.53 prerelease installer, installed the package,
> clicked on "run Zim now" > nothing happened. Then I navigated to the
> folder containing zim.exe on the newly installed package and clicked
> it. NOthing. Not even a process in the task manager.
>
> Sorry, but I can't see any other info to report to you. Should I
> reboot, maybe? :)

No need to try again. There are binary files for GTK missing from the
package. I'll try again and upload the fix shortly, I hope.

I hope I didn't sound rude in my first reply. The main reason I wanted more
detail was that I emailed the list about TWO packages and you initially
didn't reply to that email, didn't specify a version number, and didn't say
whether you tried portable or desktop installer... So, I didn't want to
start up another virtual machine before I knew more.

Thanks for the problem report!