Windows 0.53 PRERELEASE -- second attempt

I tried this earlier this week and posted the results without having tested
my build on a clean machine. Thanks Marco for the early failure report.

I'm not sure why it failed, but I started again tonight with two CLEAN
Windows XP virtual machines tonight (instead of Windows 2008). I followed my
build instructions on one, and installed the result on the other. And it
really seems to be working okay for me now! I tested on clean Windows XP and
also a Windows 2008 ASP.NET development box.

*** Now that the package actually works at least for me, I still need a
non-English user to confirm that the portable and desktop versions both
display the correct languages for Zim menus and dialog boxes, please. The
desktop installer's text is English-only, but the application should show
translations. ***

Once I get a confirmation or two, I'll send Jaap a merge request.

Windows-specific changes since 0.50 (last stable Windows release):

* Desktop installer clears "$PROGRAMFILES/Zim Desktop Wiki" before writing
to it.

* Desktop UNINSTALLER correctly removes user-level and "all users"-level
Desktop icon and Start Menu shortcuts (2008, 7, Vista).

* Added 256x256 resolution image to zim.ico file for better appearance in
Desktop folder (2008, 7, Vista).

* Created portable installer package using PortableApps.com tools -- good
for running Zim from a thumbdrive. Ready to final submit to PortableApps.com
after we "go live" with 0.53.

* Fixed "look and feel on windows: default gtk laf is used"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zim/+bug/830043 .

* notebooks.list and other config files are written with paths relative to
$HOME now instead of absolute paths; this enables a Portable launcher
without having to rewrite notebooks.list during every launch. The launcher
script just has to set $HOME to the app's folder instead of the user's local
profile. (I've got this covered.)

* Added EULA.rtf (converted from ./LICENSE.txt) to desktop and portable
installers. Yes it's one more thing to click on, but it may come in handy if
someone finds the installer in a dusty archive years from now.

* Fixed various bugs that caused Zim to fail to start entirely for Windows
in 0.51 through 0.52 releases.

Desktop installer
http://www.glump.net/content/zim/Zim-setup-0.53_PRERELEASE_2011-09-09.exe

PortableApps.com installer
http://www.glump.net/content/zim/ZimDesktopWikiPortable_0.53_PRERELEASE.paf.exe

Not-yet-merged Windows-related code changes to produce the above packages
https://code.launchpad.net/~bkidwell/zim/pyzim-win-installer

Always backup your data!

If you try out this build, please follow the mailing list and upgrade when
the FINAL 0.53 build for Windows is available.

Follow ups