Re: policy question relating to PortableApps.com Zim package -- absolute paths stored in notebooks.list

Gah! I need to migrate out of Gmail! ... stupid reply-only-to-sender default
for lists!!! (sending this a second time replying to all now)

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Jaap Karssenberg <jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Jaap Karssenberg <
> jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Brendan Kidwell <snarf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> So my question is this: How hard would it be to make Zim write paths in
>>> notebooks.list RELATIVE to $HOME instead of absolute? If it's doable, should
>>> we do it? Should I open a Bug for it?
>>

>> Sounds doable - I'll look into it - probably make the same change
>> transparent for all config files.
>>

> Has been checked in as rev439. Notebook list and some other config items
> now use paths relative to the HOME folder. So if you start zim with e.g. a
> bat file that sets HOME to point to the thumb drive it should work
> transparently.
>
> Great. I'll merge from trunk on Friday and have another go at the Windows
packaging. I ran into some difficulty getting py2exe's output along with all
of GTK's binaries -- following a good looking howto -- to actually work when
moved to a new machine. I'm going to try building on Windows XP instead of
2008, and Python 2.6 instead of 2.7 and see if that gets me anywhere.

Sorry I didn't get around to making a bug for this request. I had to sleep
and go to work. The relative path feature will definitely make the
PortableApps.com package simpler -- thanks!

Brendan