Re: Tables

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 20:32, Marco Cevoli <marco.cevoli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> My two cents on the table issue (as a user): I think one of the
> biggest advantages of Zim Wiki is the plain text nature of the items.
> So, I would like to have tables only if they don't mean abandoning
> this plain text core. I mean (sorry, but kinda tired this evening),
> you should be able to add a table with a sequence of chars and let Zim
> interpret them as table, a bit like in Mediawiki syntax. So, not top
> priority for me.

Open Office has this down pat. From my page on the topic:
http://dotancohen.com/eng/openoffice_tricks.html
"Tables can be created by inserting multiple plus signs (the + symbol)
and pressing enter. The width of the resulting table can be controlled
by adding tabs and spaces between the plus signs, or the mouse can be
used to drag the tables' borders to different dimensions. Tables can
also be created with pipes (the | symbol, usually found on the same
key as the \ backslash symbol) instead of plus signs, however I find
that the pipes create cells too narrow to be useful. Additionally, the
width of the tables can be controlled not only with tabs and spaces,
but also with dashes, underscores, and equals signs."

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com