go with the dominant syntaxes: label/tags and tables

I'm writing a Python script that expires tasks (with an '[x]') out to my HTML page of done stuff. My done stuff page has been syndicated in the past, and I've considered emitting it as a twitter stream. In which case I'll likely convert '@' labels to '#' hashtags. Any chance of following the twitter conventions within zim itself? (I suspect zim actually preceded twitter on this front.)

Also, I noted some discussion of tables. I hope one day zim will adopt a common markup syntax (ideally pandoc markdown) but until then I think it makes sense to still go with a dominant syntax.

fyi: The markdown community is trying to converge across its various extension syntaxes and implementations.
  http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/markdown-discuss/

Follow ups