Re: How does zim react to files being changed behind its back?

Hi Svenn,

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:53:19AM +0100, Svenn Are Bjerkem wrote:
> Hi,
> reason I ask is that I have started using SparkleShare for company
> internal sharing. When using zim with dropbox for non-secret files I
> am always in front of two different computers at different times and
> zim is closed on the other computer. When using SparkleShare, I am in
> front of a laptop and a desktop at the same time, and I would like to
> alternate between editing on the laptop (in the lab) and the desktop
> (in my office) and still have some kind of safety that the notes I
> write on one computer is not lost by editing the same page on the
> other computer. The time it takes me to physically move from one
> location to the other location is enough for SparkleShare to
> synchronize, but I am not really confident about how zim reacts to the
> updated file.

I use zim notebooks on different locations ans sync directly via git.
Most of the time this works fine, but sometimes I get problems because
zim does not recognize that a file was changed in the background.
When I start to modify this (outdated) page, I get a warning
message, when zim tries to save the file, with the options to revoke all
changes or overwrite the file.

For new zim pages, a manual index update is needed.

cheers,
 stefan