zim-wiki team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
spell checker on windows xp
It took me a while but I finally got spell checker working on windows xp.
I am not too experienced with python and/or compilers so I had no luck
getting anything complied myself but I did get the following to work.
1) Download and install the following (this works on 32 and 64 bit but you
must use 32 bit python):
2) Download and extract the latest zim src (I downloaded 0.53 and
extracted to C:\Program Files (x86)\zim-0.53):
3) Create a copy of [zim_root]\zim.py, rename the copy to
[zim_root]\zim.pyw (the .pyw extension allows launching without a shell).
4) Edit [zim_root]\zim.pyw, add "import enchant" with the other imports
(top few lines of the file).
5) Start zim using by double clicking [zim_root]\zim.pyw.
If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.