Re: Evernote/Footnote-like UI change?

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 13:05, Adam Porter <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I guess you misunderstood me: my idea is not about single-shot entering of
> data into new notes.  My idea is about a completely different view of
> existing note subtrees.  e.g. the link in my previous message, or Evernote.

Sorry, I did think that you were referring to data entry and not data
retrieval/reading.

I have noticed that there are different types of data that I store in
Zim, short notes (one- or two- liners), paragraphs, and full pages.
Zim is terrific for storing notes that are full pages, and can be
adapted to storing notes that are one-liners by putting them all on a
page, but there really is no good way to handle the paragraph-sized
notes. The UI that you present looks like it would be terrific for
this use case. Basket from KDE works on a similar idea, that each page
could have different sized notes. However Basket's implementation is
horrible. This forced-medium sized UI looks like a better
implementation for at least the medium-sized notes.

Might these notes be placed on a regular page? If not, then how would
their organization fit in with the current Zim organization?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com