Re: Feature suggestion - outliner

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Ulf Bro <ulf.bro@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Just one thing you can't do is to change the order of files appearing in
> the same namespace (physically they are files in the same folder). They
> always appear in alphabetical order. If Zim were to be changed so that
> pages can be swapped (and thus appear in another order in the index file)
> then Zim would actually be an outline editor. We would then just need a
> function to export everything into one big text file, or one big html file,
> that's all. It would't be difficult to program.

This are issues
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zim/+bug/278417 and
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zim/+bug/380851 you are referring to. I agree
that these would be very nice to have features.

However solving these is not "minor programming" and are in fact more
difficult to add than you seem to think. I'm working towards this goal, but
it will take some serious refactoring of the indexing code to get there.