Re: Sharing images between notes?

2012/4/18 Yu <yu_icq@xxxxxx>:
> 2012/4/18 Svenn Bjerkem <svenn.bjerkem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 13:43 +0200, Yu wrote:
>> > Hello!
>> >
>> > I was wondering, if there is a convenient way to share images (or
>> > other files) between different notes, that doesn't get broken, when
>> > moving notes within the notebook or even the notebook to a different
>> > location / device.
>> > I know, there is the "Document root" feature, but as far as I
>> > understand, its path is not relative to the notebook but global.
>>
>> I think the Document Root can be anything you want it to be. I have
>> several zim wikis with their own Document root. Can be set in
>> File->Properties.
>>
>> --
>> Svenn
>
> Thanks, at least this clarifies for me, that indeed "Document root" is
> a "per notebook" setting.
> However, can it be set local to the notebooks root folder? This would
> be necessary, e.g. when the notebook resides on an USB stick.
>
> -- Yu

I did a little test today and set the Document root to ".", which was
translated to the absolute path of the notebooks root folder.
Is there some reason for this behaviour? Being able to use something
like "." or "./.documentroot" directly as the document root would be
useful for the portability of the notebooks across devices.

-- Yu