Re: Request for comments: usage of tags

Hi Jaap,

This is not an easy question.

On one side we have tags, defined as "non hierarchical categories".
You can associate any page with 1 or more tags.
On the other side we have keywords (to be indexed). Do we want to keep
these 2 "categorization items" separated?

I use tags as "contexts", so I would like to keep the "tag cloud"
quite short, easy to navigate. And I like to have tags at the
beginning or at the end of each article, because I can see at a glance
what the article is about, or where it belongs.

If you can think about a way of easily inserting tags/keywords as it
is now, I see no drawback in merging these two concepts. In fact, in
Joomla (the CMS), sometimes you use the "keyword" field to insert
"fake" tags, so apparently these two concepts are very similar and
interchangeable.

It all depends on how you visualize the global index (tag cloud vs
alphabetical index).

Let's hear what others think about it.

Regards

Marco Cevoli
Traduttore tecnico. Grafico. Congiungitore di punti.
http://www.marcocevoli.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
t 34 675 800 826
My t-shirt shop: http://vulnavia.spreadshirt.net