Re: Zim feature requests.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 7:33 AM, Brian Allen Vanderburg II
<BrianVanderburg2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've got an idea for a couple features I think would be a little nice:
>
> XML export.
>
> I have a site that is static but locally stored in XML which is then
> transformed based on the document type (root element namespace) to an
> HTML page.  Instead of creating a template which creates the entire HTML
> page layout (bit of duplication and any changes would require changes
> both to my tranforms and the export templates), it would be nice if I
> could just create a template to export to XML for my custom document
> format.

Well, you can make a custom HTML template and use you own XML instead
of HTML. Of course part of the elements are filled in by the export
code. If you want to modify those, you need to copy and customize
"zim/formats/html.py".

> Syntax highlighting.
... 8< ...

As I mentioned in the other mail, work is in progress on this item.
See the pyzim-next code tree, it has already inline code blocks with
syntax highlighting based on gtksourceview. Will take some time before
this becomes main code base, but work is progressing.

Bug report is here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/zim/+bug/275714
Code branch is here: https://code.launchpad.net/~jaap.karssenberg/zim/pyzim-next

> Named anchors in pages.
>
> The ability to link not just to a page, but to a certain location in
> the page:
>
> Top:SubPage:SubSubPage#Location

That would be this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/zim/+bug/380844

Please let me know if you want to help out speeding up the development
of any of these items. Quite some work to be done, and my time to work
on it is really limited the last month or two.