Re: Thunderbird compatible?

Hi Michael.

Le 18/08/2012 09:41, Michael Mulqueen a écrit :
> You could probably write a new extension to do what you want without
> much hassle. My (unmaintained) Zim Capture extension may be a good
> starting point - look at the source code, it's pretty simple. AFAIK I
> did not use Firefox's SDK, I used the old XPCOM stuff.

You can also use XPCOM interfaces with Add-on SDK ; that's the only way
to do some i/o stuff. The point is to know how to use specific
Thunderbird's API : connect to events (right-click), get some content
(selected text in a message), etc. I don't know if it's similar to
Firefox's API (which is, by the way, a simple DOM manipulation).

Once zim-clip will be stable enough, I'll take a look at Thunderbird
extension dev.

--
Rui Nibau
http://omacronides.com