Re: Directly adding files and sub-directories and re-indexing

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

They are interesting and helpful, namely the one regarding separating
larger files from Zim pages.

If you could read my reply to Jaap's, I noted why using my kind of workflow
and extensive data gathering I can't/wouldn't make notes for every single
or group of items downloaded. Sometimes I don't care to do that at that
particular instant as long as I may have some basic automatic linkage from
Zim's pages to children folders containing files if their names can be
indexed and searchable.

As such I am inclined to do some testing to see how and if this is feasible
and if I can do it.

It could also help me in the process of transforming my 3GB zim notebooks
into ones that have the separating structure you helpfully  suggested. That
is, transversing Zim notebooks' trees and if some criteria is matched,
files might be moved to another location, making the necessary changes on
affected parent and linked back Zim pages.

I really appreciated or suggestions and time taken.

Thanks again.
Best regards,

Jose

Para manter a Wikipedia a funcionar por favor considere fazer a sua doação.
Please consider donating to maintain Wikipedia alive.
 Support Wikipedia<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Support_Wikipedia/en>
http://jal.stumbleupon.com
http://www.lourenco.ws/about-me