Re: CLI?

On 24 October 2012 13:17, Jaap Karssenberg <jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 12:44 PM, John Geoffrey <gmkeros@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I was thinking about a ncurses interface. But the general idea was that I
>> would be able to write, open, and edit zim pages in the cli, instead of
>> having to import them manually after writing.
>
> How do you see the use case? Would this ncurses interface be the only
> interface you use, or do you use it to edit pages while you still use
> the Gtk interface to browse the data etc. ?
>
> In the 2nd case I would suggest looking into an extension for your
> editor of choice (vim / emacs / ...) to do a bit of syntax
> highlighting of zim's wiki syntax and maybe show a list of pages on
> the side. Since you use the gtk version for other stuff, you can keep
> it simple.

I am using vim plugins for things like trac, git, dokuwiki and
wordpress and find these a great step forward when writing and
documenting code. I use zim for daily journal and tracker. Sometimes I
find copy-paste from vim to zim a bit tedious due to the differing use
of copy-paste in the applications. The dokuvimki plugin comes with a
bunch of embedded python code to use modified xmlrpc calls to the
wiki. I haven't checked how easy it is to write my own wrapper around
any zim api to circumvent the GUI to access and create new pages from
vim. Depends on how tided the GUI is with the rest of the code.

--
Svenn