Re: Win32: configuration path

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Jaap Karssenberg wrote:

> The "XDG_xxx_DIRS" variables are lookup paths for system defaults for
> files not found in the corresponding "XDG_xxx_HOME" folder. So should
> probably include at least the fallback location.

If I read this right, then if "XDG_xxx_DIRS" are set to *nix
"XDG_xxx_HOME" values, they can serve as compatibility layer for user
already having data from previous version:

XDG_DATA_DIRS = Dir(
	get_environ('XDG_DATA_HOME', '~/.local/share/'))

XDG_CONFIG_DIRS = Dir(
	get_environ('XDG_CONFIG_HOME', '~/.config/'))

So that if user has config files as in zim 0.57 config folders, above
snippet will make it compatible to potentially new config folder
scheme?

> Probably the CACHE variable should go to a folder for temporary data.
> Not %TMP% because we want it available longer, but it can be flushed
> when space is needed on the system.

I don't know about existence of other temporary folder except %TMP% and %TEMP%