Re: Search Pages in side bar?

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Benjamin Trias <jesuisbenjamin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It seems handy to me if a search field were placed on the top of the page
> lists in the side bar. Ctrl+Shift+F or click into the field, type few words,
> and filter the list, would considerably speed up the search process (which
> I, personally, use often).

Yes, there is a request for this open in the bug tracker for a long
time already.

Has become quite a bit simpler since then given the current code. You
can re-use the code from the search dialog. The main trick is to hide
the index widget when search results are shown and show it again when
search results are cleared.

Or you could do it as a plugin that puts a "Search" tab in the side pane.