Attachments don't move with pages? (Windows)

If I have a file attachment link embedded in a page (done via drag and
drop, relative links) and I'm then moving pages around in the hierarchy,
shouldn't the linked file be moved to the corresponding location along with
the page.

I've just discovered I've got hundreds of broken links scattered through
thousands of pages. 8-(

Is there a way to check for and flag these even if I then have to fix them
manually?

OT - are there any instructions on getting spellcheck to work on Windows?
I've got Python-driven apps set up, but everything's "portable" so most
likely will need batch files to set EnVars, modify the PATH etc. . .

Follow ups