Re: Opening attached PDFs on certain pages

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 4:42 AM, John Geoffrey <gmkeros@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was just wondering again about something that I thought might be useful:
> sometimes when I attach PDFs to zim pages it is specific pages/articles in
> this pdf I really need. This question might be in the wrong place, because
> pdfs are opened by an external program, but does anyone know a way to link
> to the attachments (or external documents at all) in this case so they will
> open on specific pages?
> So basically it would look something like this: I have a zim page A which
> has an attachment B. B is a book of quite some size with different articles
> in it. During writing page A I decide it is needed to link to article C in
> book B. Now if I link to the attachment it will open the document at the
> beginning or, depending on the program, at the last point I used it.

A quick search for "achor" and "pdf" turns up this
http://forums.adobe.com/message/1180313
and this:
http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/pdf_open_parameters.pdf

So seems to be possible to pass parameters. However I did not get it to
work myself with the reader version installed on my work computer. Also may
not work for alternative readers.

If you get it to work please let me know. Probably will need some code in
zim to make zim pass on the parameters transparently.