Re: Help Installing on Mac OS

Hi James,

I once started to build an installer but changed jobs etc so did not
take further the time to create the installer. But to run it on your mac you can do:

(On Mountain lion)

What I did to use and read my zim which I had running on my linux machine was the following:

* Install Pygtk for mac(This will make that your zim window looks more nice and you do not need to install an xserver)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/macpkg/files/PyGTK/2.24.0/PyGTK.pkg/download

* Downloaded zim tar an uzipped it in a directory
* I created a small startup script to start zim from the command line

#!/bin/bash

sudo /Users/koen/Documents/zim-0.57/zim.py

I did not install any other packages I guess…

What does not work:

* Open the attachement folder
* Copy - paste is with ctrl - c / ctrl- v (You can change it by changing some config file of gtk+ but have not done this yet)

I started using it on mac, but because its not fully integrated I could not get used to it

I should invest some more time to build an installer and see why you get bugs when
opening everything related to opening a file with zim.

Another option is to use homebrew to install all the dependencies but I rather prefer to do it
without homebrew.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Koen