Re: Firefox addon zim-clip: new features and a question for Jaap

Le mer. 12 déc. 2012 08:49:35 CET, Jaap Karssenberg a écrit :
(a) is indeed relatively safe, providing I don't change the way zim
handles these files. Probably I should also implement a "zim
--notebooks" that lists the notebooks just to be future proof.

If notebooks.list format keeps a "common" format (ini format as it is today
or a json|yaml|whatever format), it's ok. But yes, a "zim --notebooks"
could be the perfect answer in the future :-).

Yes, that would be wise. Currently zim regards all text files as
pages, but I'm meaning to change it such that text files without the
header become regular text attachments. (Possibly with the option to
view them in zim as pages without formatting.)

Other things to consider is that notebook layout may become more
flexible in the future, so you would need to call zim to know for sure
the mapping from page name to file name. Also keep in mind that
notebooks may not be mounted, e.g. I have one myself that is on an
encrypted volume that is mounted by the "automount" plugin when zim
starts.

That's why i think it's better for the Firefox addon to not interfere in all the i/o stuff on notebook's page. Zim will always do the job better, without the
risk to mess all up.

Will put these on my list for next release. Did include additional
parameters for quicknote in tonight's release. So you could already
release a version of your extension using that version first.

The "append" parameter in the quicknote plugin is indeed sufficient
to start implementing the 'marks' functionnality. Hope i'll have a release
in the coming days.

Thanks Jaap.

--
Rui Nibau