Re: "c:\Program Files\zim-0.58\zim.pyw" fails for 0.58

On 12/18/2012 02:57 AM, Jaap Karssenberg wrote:
Probably you have to use the "--standalone" switch in this case. This
was also reported for version 0.57.

Yup, that worked.  And now that you mention it, I vaguely remember that.

So either of these work in a shortcut:
"C:\Program Files\zim\zim.pyw" --standalone
--or--
C:\Python26\pythonw.exe "c:\Program Files\zim\zim.pyw" --standalone

(Anyone who gets here via search engine, note my previous message detailing where "zim.pyw" came from.)

If with "-D" it indeed works, it might be due to the way we handle
STDIN and STDOUT, without -D these are closed when the process forks
to start a background process.

Beats me.  What do --standalone and -D have in common?

Semi-related, 0.56 used to add an extra CR (and/or LF?) when copying text to the Windows clipboard, and that drove me nuts. 0.58 doesn't seem to do that anymore, so...thanks.

Later,
JP