Re: "c:\Program Files\zim-0.58\zim.pyw" fails for 0.58

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM, JP Vossen <jp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12/18/2012 02:57 AM, Jaap Karssenberg wrote:
>>
>> Probably you have to use the "--standalone" switch in this case. This
>> was also reported for version 0.57.
>

> Yup, that worked.  And now that you mention it, I vaguely remember that.
>
> So either of these work in a shortcut:
> "C:\Program Files\zim\zim.pyw" --standalone
> --or--
> C:\Python26\pythonw.exe "c:\Program Files\zim\zim.pyw" --standalone
>
> (Anyone who gets here via search engine, note my previous message detailing
> where "zim.pyw" came from.)

Just tested on my own system, but for me running pythonw *without*
--standalone works just fine. Executed with a shortcut terminal pops
up briefly but closes automatically when zim window pops up. (Which
makes sense as the initial process quits ones the background process
is started.)

Using python 2.7 on windows 7.