How to run the build version of zim?

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 1:01 AM, Svenn Are Bjerkem
<svenn.bjerkem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have done some small modifications to the base zim code, and would
> like to test the code without installing it.
> If I try to start the zim in the scripts directory, it picks up the
> installed zim modules and not the ones in the build directory.

This is odd. If you run the "zim.py" from the source directory it
should pick the libraries from the same location.

(Btw. assume you mean the source directory when you taks about the
"build directory" - the is no need to actually build when running from
sources.)

> I would also liket my devzim not to pick up any data from .config/zim
> to protect my existing notebooks.

Change the XDG_CONFIG_HOME and XDG_DATA_HOME evironment parameters to
redirect to another config directoy. See the manual page on config
files for details.

Hope this helps,