Moving a Zim Wiki from Linux to Windows

I have been using Zim on two Windows machines and keeping the files in sync without problems. Now I have switched one machine to Ubuntu/debian (Bodhi 32bit non-pae distro).

Copying a Zim Wiki from Windows 7 to Linux worked fine, but I'm having problems when files are moved from Linux back to Windows 7.

SUGGESTED DIAGNOSIS
I suspect that Zim tries to find a saved file for a reference, fails, creates an empty virtual file. Perhaps Zim on Windows 7 reads the Linux saved file and includes some control character in the name (e.g. looks for a filename "SomeRef\n.txt" instead of "SomeRef.txt")?

BEHAVIOUR
The reason I think this is that if I copy all the files from Linux to Windows 7 (e.g. using SpiderOak file sync) and then open Zim on Windows 7, the tree view behaves strangely, and suggests to me that when Zim loads some .txt files it fails to find the .txt file corresponding some or all of the references.

Firstly is shows a limited tree - not all the subpages seem to be present. The tree does however contain all the nodes, and more (!), but most are invisible. The invisible nodes are revealed as I pass the mouse over them, sometimes going invisible again depending on what I do.

I can see that there are duplicate top level nodes/pages in the tree, some with the correct subpages listed, others missing some or all subpages. One node (referenced in Home) has a lot of sub pages, and appears three times in the treeview. The first instance appears shows a lot of subpages, but each is empty when selected (ie. purely virtual pages). This I suppose is because Zim looked for the ".txt" file, did not find it, and assumed the file did not exist. The file does exist, so I am guessing that the filename is not matched for some reason because of the transfer from Linux to Windows.

The filesystems show the same names, so I wonder if when Zim on Windows 7 reads a reference in a file that was saved on Linux, it mistakenly adds "\n" or "\n\0" or something into the filename because of the different EOL in Linux. Just a guess!

If I edit one of the virtual pages in Zim, Zim will save over the file that corresponds to that subpage. I can't however get the tree back to normal.

It would be great to be able to move Wiki's between Linux and Windows. Hope this helps achieve that at some point!

Mark