Re: Help wanted with Latex format

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Valentin Churavy <v.churavy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Jaap,
>
> the tex file seems mostly fine to me. The only error I see is that tex is
> ignoring whitespace and empty lines as formatting tools. Therefore
> indentation like you currently trying to do is not possible  and most times
> also unwanted. If you want I can look up the correct way to do intendation.
> If you want to seperate blocks of text you should either use \\ or \newline
> or two linebreaks.
>
> Most times you don't want to have more space then one line between
> paragraphs as spacing. But nevertheless take a look at
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Paragraph_Formatting.
>
> I tried to compile your tex file and after deleting all chinese and all
> graphicx I ended up with the following. I then edited mostly the first page
> more to my liking.

Thanks lot for the feedback, will use your version for further editing.

For the line breaks within the paragraph can I use "\\", or does that
break the paragraph?
Probably should make that optional, so template can control either to
keep line breaks or have them removed.
( Will also make <br> in html output optional.)

Looks like we can make an indented paragraph with something like:

\startgroup
\leftskip4em
\leftskip
paragraph text ..
\endgroup

Double indent would then be "8em" etc. Does that sound about right ?