Re: Encrypted Zim wiki

(Sending again because stupid gmail did not default to setting from =
address where message arrived and the list will probably reject it. I need
to get out of Google!)

I use encfs myself.

I'm against putting crypto functions into Zim -- it's out of scope and
dangerous. As a developer, every time you take on functions like that, and
handle keys (user types in passphrase, for example) you open yourself to
the possibility of screwing up and putting users' data at risk. As much as
possible we should leave the implementation to security-obsessed experts.

For the quickest solution, I think TrueCrypt is the easiest to setup and
works the same on all supported platforms. It only introduces one extra
step in daily use before you open a notebook.

Brendan Kidwell