Re: Encrypted Zim wiki

Thanks everyone for your useful advice. In the end, I opted for EncFS.
Being on Ubuntu+Gnome-Shell this was fairly straightforward to setup.

Source : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FolderEncryption

After installing EncFS, I also downloaded gnome-encfs which allowed me
to store the passphrase in the Gnome keyring and auto-mount the
encrypted directory on login. Using Gnome-Shell, Cryptkeeper did not
seem to work (the tray icon did not appear anywhere), so I found and
installed another Nautilus extension:
http://blog.sambull.org/easily-encrypt-folders-2

The extension is a short Python script for creating new encrypted
folders and works in tandem with gnome-encfs

Once setup, there's really no maintenance (and no need to enter a
passphrase once logged in). It wasn't quite what I had in mind, but at
least it is convenient. My greatest paranoia is having my laptop
stolen and sensitive data extracted that way.

Unfortunately, gnome-encfs is not in the Ubuntu 'trusted'
repositories... The Python script, however, is short and seems
harmless enough.

 - Per