Firefox addon: zim-clip 0.5.0

Hi all.

I'm a little bit late working on zim-clip 0.5.0, as the last coding stage was in December 2012. To much stuff to do on other projects. But i release today zim-clip 0.5.0 : some bugs fixed, some improvements in html to wiki conversion and a new feature: marks

* Copy selection on a dedicated page under specified namespace (clips)
* Register a collection of links on a dedicated page (marks)
* You can choose the notebook where to store marks
* You can choose to run Zim from source

Home page: http://omacronides.com/projets/ff-zim-clip/
xpi : http://omacronides.com/lab/ff-zim-clip/build/zim-clip-0.5.0.xpi
video: http://omacronides.com/lab/ff-zim-clip/doc/vids/0-5-0.webm

Those last two urls may change in the future, but you can always find the infos in the project home page. I will also register the addon on the firefox addon website soon.

Tests and comments are, as always, very welcomed.

Some remarks :

About notebooks.list
--------------------

I build the notebook list on the marks panel reading the notebooks.list the first time the panel is opened. Next, I check if notebooks.list file has changed since last time i read it; if so, i reload the notebooks list on the marks panel. The main goal is to avoid rebuilding the list (and then the marks panel) too often.

It works perfectly but i saw that Zim changes notebooks.list quite often, each time you open a notebook or when you close the program. I thought the file was edited only when you use the 'open notebook' window and add or remove a notebook. So, my "get notebooks list only if changed" code is called more often that i expected, in fact each time i register a mark or a clip.

Not a big deal.

Interaction with quicknote plugin
---------------------------------

Changes made by Jaap in the quicknote plugin allows now to have the "clip" feature and the "mark" feature. The next step for me is maybe to avoid using quicknote plugin and directly send data to Zim. Zim-clip already have a mark dialog panel, and it also have a clip dialog panel (disabled in 0.5.0). You can see how it looks here : http://omacronides.com/lab/ff-zim-clip/doc/vids/0-6-0-clips-panel.webm.

For now, i have this workflow:

----
    [Firefox]                        |   [Zim]

    zim-clip -> mark -> marks panel ---> quicknote plugin -> zim action

    zim-clip -> clip ------------------> quicknote plugin -> zim action

----
Current workflow (zim-clip 0.5.0).

The use of the marks panel is already quite redundant with the quicknote plugin dialog. If I activate the clip panel know, we could have the same kind of workflow :

----
    [Firefox]                        |   [Zim]

    zim-clip -> mark -> marks panel ---> quicknote plugin -> zim action

    zim-clip -> clip -> clips panel ---> quicknote plugin -> zim action

----
Workflow with the clips panel activated.

Double redundancy. So, I want to do something like this :

----
    [Firefox]                        |   [Zim]

    zim-clip -> mark -> marks panel ---> zim action

    zim-clip -> clip -> clips panel ---> zim action

----
Expected workflow for zim-clip 0.6.0.

I will try to find out how to do the quicknote plugin actions without the graphic interface.

Rui Nibau
email: rui.nibau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
im: rui.nibau@xxxxxxxxx
site: http://omacronides.com