Re: Folder structure

The issue about not being able to have attachments with .txt has been
discussed in a thread some time back. Using .txt for magic purposes in Zim
has negative side effects. To my knowledge, all files named .txt are
captured by Zim for page use. The same problem was encountered by Asciidoc.
They used .txt as standard suffix, but it seems like things like github
forced the use of .asciidoc in order to know what to do with the file. I
think the same is kind of valid for Zim. In my opinion, Zim-formatted pages
should have .zimwiki or .zimdoc or .zimtxt suffix to make them explicitly
belonging to zim.

I have issues with naming attachment directories AA-attachment as this
prevent the possibility to put a zim notebook on top of an already existing
directory structure. But this feature is crippled as soon as zim finds a
.txt file not being an actual zim .txt, so I cannot currently use it that
way. Redefining the zim suffix would help here.

I once put some effort into changing zim to use .zimwiki instead of .zim,
but the structure I wanted to zimify had to be restructured a bit anyway,
so I started from scratch on the structure and skipped the patching, as I
expected this to be a local change I had to rewind on every update of zim.

--
Svenn