I finally found an easy solution to sync my zim notebook across computers

Just wanted to share this with other zim users.

Bittorrent sync, developed Bittorrent Inc. It is _not_ FOSS. I had to
install yet another binary blob on my system. Other than that, it works
flawlessly.

Sync is encrypted, all I need is a key which consists of a a random string.
Sync is peer to peer, so there is no need to set up servers and whatnot.
Rsync, samba shares, sftp, they all work but are, in my opinion, too high
maintenance. I ended up just putting my notebooks in my dropbox folder, but
never felt too happy about storing personal information on a server I don't
control. Therefore I never really wrote there any valuable personal
information such as document numbers, addresses, etc.

Now I just created a share folder with bittorrent sync and saved the key to
myself. Every now and then I leave a personal computer on when I go to work
so everything gets synced.

I would recommend this to most people as is it probably simpler to use than
anything else and solves the issue of trusting third parties.

Follow ups