Re: I registered an IRC channel on FreeNode for Zim

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 3:19 AM, Brendan Kidwell <snarf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In the last few months I've become one of those people who hangs out on a
> handful of IRC channels during most of the work day, using a remote client
> connected to a core IRC gateway (Quassel IRC) that keeps me always online
> on the various IRC networks I use.
>
> I took the initiative to create a channel "#zim-wiki" for Zim support and
> other Zim-related conversations. We will follow the "How to be a Good
> Catalyst" document ( http://freenode.net/catalysts.shtml ) and Channel
> Guidelines ( http://freenode.net/channel_guidelines.shtml ) and generally
> try to make sure that anyone who shows up plays nice, just the same as on
> this mailing list.
>
> Jaap: Would you endorse this channel and list it on http://zim-wiki.orgon the appropriate page? (If not, I'll change the name to "##zim-wiki" to
> indicate that it's unofficial.)
>
> All: Do you think YOU could be a good op (moderator) and want to be one,
> in addition to myself?
>
> If you don't know what all this is, read the docs (
> https://www.freenode.net/using_the_network.shtml ), log on to FreeNode,
> and join the channel "#zim-wiki".

Afraid I won't be able to join this channel. I can not justify having more
distractions during my working day. In the evening time spent behind a
computer is scarce lately and when I do, I want to focus on the tasks at
hand.

If there are others that want to pick it up and maintain such a channel I
have no problem to list it on the website.