Re: Access and edit zim notes when Zim isn't installed

Sylvain,

To access the data anywhere, you will need some file-syncing solution, like
dropbox of one of it's competitors, to share the files. Or you put the data
on a USB stick you carry around. If the computers are all in a local
network, you could put the data in a share drive. Without more info on your
use case, it is hard to judge for us which of these approaches is most
suitable.

Once you can access, you can always edit using a text editor and just using
the wiki syntax.

For windows you could consider installing a portable version of zim on an
USB stick, that way you can run zim and edit the files (which could be
stored on the same stick) without need to install anything on the computer
you are using.

For linux you could run zim from the host computer (which indeed has to be
turned on) over ssh without installing it locally.

Currently I have no suggestion for combination of zim with an online wiki
frontend. Should be to hard to hack, but nor ready out of the box.