Re: way slow on Ubuntu

Hans,

In general zim should not have issues handling a few thousand files - it is
built rather scalable. However there may be some issue where the way zim
accesses the drive conflicts with assumptions in encfs.

One thing that comes to mind is to set the "shared" property - be aware:
this will cache the index outside of the encfs folder. See if the index
access is the bottleneck here.

Otherwise we would need to think how to insert timers to figure out the
exact piece of code that causes the delay.