Re: Autocompletion plugin

Hi,

> In that thread you mentioned Workflowy having both @ and # tags, which is something I'd love to have in Zim.
> It seems like it should be easy to do as a little plugin, but I'm not a programmer* so maybe not.
Yes, me, too ☺
What I have seen so far, this needs some restructuring in the tags plugin, the tasklist plugin and the main pageview incl. some database changes.
I will try to take care of it when I’ve completed the autocompletion plugin hoping that I’ve understood Python and the Zim structure good enough to manage that ;)

> I'd also love to see previews in tag searches (for example of the line the tag is on), but that sounds harder.

Not sure, which search you are referring to. The main search or the tasklist search? What would you like to preview?

>I don't know how other people place their tags, but I often put them near the content they apply to (as opposed to all together at page bottom or top).

I created a template where I have this structure:

====== M001-2014-07-16-ZimWiki ======
Created Friday 30 May 2014

=== Participants ===
@Murat                                              <-- That’s why I’d like to differentiate between people tags and other tags
@Colin

=== Contexts ===
@Autocompletion
@ZimWiki

== My meeting with Colin about zim wiki tags ==
__________________

·         My meeting notes

·         And other notes

[ ] I need to complete autocompletion [d:2014-07-30] @Murat !!!

·         Also look into # and @ tags if possible

o   @Colin likes this feature as well
__________________

Additional note, which could give you some additional ideas:

Whenever I happen to bump into something which is discussed more often in several meetings I ‘export’ this topic
into a sub page (e.g. 001-OngoingTopics-ZimWiki) below the main page (e.g. : 004-0060-ZimWiki) and adding links between each other

So my tree looks like this:

004-Projects
                004-0060-ZimWiki
                               001-OngoingTopics-ZimWiki
                                               T001-Autocompletion
                               M001-2014-07-16-ZimWiki

With this content:

====== 001-OngoingTopics-ZimWiki ======
Created Friday 30 May 2014

=== Contexts ===
@ZimWiki
@001-OngoingTopics

                ====== T001-Autocompletion ======
Created Friday 30 May 2014

=== Contexts ===
@Autocompletion
@ZimWiki
__________________

LINK: M001-2014-07-16-ZimWiki

[ ] I need to complete autocompletion [d:2014-07-30] @Murat !!!

·         Also look into # and @ tags if possible

o   @Colin likes this feature as well
__________________

====== M001-2014-07-16-ZimWiki ======
Created Friday 30 May 2014

=== Participants ===
@Murat
@Colin

=== Contexts ===
@Autocompletion
@ZimWiki

== My meeting with Colin about zim wiki tags ==

·         My meeting notes

·         And other notes

=== Ongoing Topics ===
LINK: T001-Autocompletion