Re: GNOME Shell search provider for Zim

Hey Davi,

I had a look on the install.sh and found out, that

# plugin file
> install -D -m644 gnomeshellsearch.py
> "${rootdir}/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/zim/plugins/gnomeshellsearch.py"

was the cause. After manually copying "gnomeshellsearch.py" to
"/home/sojusnik/.local/share/zim/plugins/gnomeshellsearch.py"

your plugin finally worked!

Would it be possible to adapt your install script in a further release, so
that it will run OOTB with Ubuntu Gnome?

When using your plugin, I've realized that it takes some time for the
results to show up in the Gnome Shell Overview. Do you thought about
speeding this process up? ATM, it takes about 6 to 7 seconds to show up,
whereas search results from nautilus and other plugins appear nearly
instantly.

One way to speed this process up is to use Strg+J (go to page) instead of
Strg+Shift+F (search all notes) in your plugin. I think that the delay is
caused by the search process, the Strg+J results however should appear
nearly instantly, because the Zim pages are already indexed, so that there
shouldn't be any search delay. Additionally, the Strg+Shift+F is a little
bit over the top for the Gnome Shell Overview, since you want to open a
certain Zim page and not perform a search through the whole notebook.

What do you think?

Best wishes!