Re: Best way to store directories

Hi Jaap,

* Jaap Karssenberg, 17.02.2015 15:08:27:

Afraid there is not a completely clean way to do this. Since folders
are used to organize the page files, folders always show up in the
tree.

ok thanks Jaap for the information

Myself I just put data folders in the tree and ignore the fact that
they show up in the index. If you don't like that, using zip files or
iso could indeed work.

working with iso files is ok but inconvenient on the other hand there
are no problems with different paths on different operating systems,
they are treated as normal attached files in zims homedir...

Have it on my list of fixes for the index that it should ignore
folders without page files in it.

nice to hear that!! In my opinion this would be a very good feature for
zim to organize data folders too. So you could have your data folder in
zims homedir share it between differnt operating systems like attached
files!

Regards
Thorsten