Re: Think about "Open in New Window" (Feature suggestion)

Hi.

Just a remark how I've found a comfortable way for organizing work.

As it stands zim only allows one page at a time to be edited within a
zim book. But you can always look up contents anywhere with "Open in New window",
put this window aside and return to the page being edited.

   This even works with links within the contents (!) as well as with tabs (!),
   so the method is really at hand when needed.
   Also the buttons "Go page back" and "Go oage forward" ease the navigation
   within the short history a lot.

This way I often have quite a couple of read-only windows around which may be
resized and handled separately. Tiny, absolutely non-blocking drawbacks are:
   *) No refresh of read-only windows, therefore no updates of contents if they happen.
   *) No resize of the font with Ctrl-"+" or Ctrl-"-"
   *) No search function within such windows (Ctrl-F)

In addition I love to organize link lists at pages, which may be presented then
with read-only windows easily. There are many of my browser independent bookmark
pages.

Zim is super, try to keep KISSing it.

Thanks a lot,

    Andreas