Re: HTML2Zim

You're right Rod, thanks.
clipcli.py produce "UTF-16LE" code with BOM when I copy text *from Firefox*. So I have to convert it before using html2zim.py
This command is know working fine:
$ ~/clipcli.py text/html | iconv -f UTF-16LE -t UTF-8 | ~/html2zim.py -w ~/

But on the other hand, clipcli.py produce "ASCII text" code when I copy *from Chromium*. I'll try to make a bash script to test the result with the "file" utility.

Then I have difficulties to integrate it with Zim.

I created a "custom tool" with:
[x] Output should replace current selection

The problem is that it doesn't work if the cursor is:
* in a blank line
* between two white spaces
* more generally after any caracter and before a caracter different than [0-9a-zA-Z]

It only works if the cursor is before a caracter like [0-9a-zA-Z]. Then it select the word at the right of the cursor and replace it.

I would like it to paste the results:
* wherever is the cursor if nothing is selected
* or in replacement of a selected zone
Is it possible?

Charles.