Re: Lets build a zim android app together!

This looks like a good project plan. I hope other people join.

I don't have the energy to work on an effort like this, but I have one
suggestion of something to look into:

It looks like you'll be building a system that loads Zim wiki text into
an editable view built with HTML and JavaScript. You might want to check
out the CKGEdit plugin for DokuWiki. It's an adaptation of CKEditor
(HTML rich text editing widget) to work on DokuWiki page source code.

https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:ckgedit

I believe CKGEdit has a (mostly) 1-to-1 mapping of DokuWiki to
editable HTML and back. In practice I couldn't get it to work without
randomly inserting empty paragraphs after a table on my sandbox
DokuWiki page, but I'm sure the source code for CKGEdit is worth
looking into for ideas.

Brendan Kidwell