Viewing Markdown pages in Zim

Hello Zim community. I have a quick question. Is it possible to view markdown files as entries in Zim? If so, is it possible to also “organize” them within the wiki itself without altering their location on the hard drive?

For example, if I have a markdown file called “Jottings”, can I view it in Zim and use a Table of Contents page to make the Jottings page appear as a subpage of a “Brainstorming” page automatically? Does that make sense? The reason I am trying to do this is that I want to use Trunk Notes, which only uses Markdown and cannot read files that are not in the same folder. Since Zim uses subfolders for entries that are subpages, I can’t use the app as I would like.

Feel free to ask any follow-up questions.

Follow ups