zim-wiki team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Tip: Link from book A page X to book B page Y
A long cherished wish was a method to link from
book A page X to
book B page Y
This is not directly possible with some linking syntax.
1) Copy destination link from the index pane within destination book.
# add prefix ":", e.g. ":30.Software:Editors"
2) Paste this string to source book, source page, with some comment there
3) Note also the destination book so you know where to go
4) Do it:
Within book A copy the string into clipboard
Then go to book B, Ctrl-J (Menu: Go / Jump To)
Paste the clipboard (path to page), enjoy.
Method 2 (Tested with Linux):
1) zim may be launched with book and page as command line parameters
zim /home/xx/xx/xx/book ":30.Software:Editors"
2) Copy the above line from source book, source page to a shell; enjoy!
Method 2) is much simpler and all I need. Also thought about a custom tool
that gets a marked region as command line to be launched, but I like
KISS more than that, just keep it simple and smart.