Re: X11 primary selection availability

Update: I have the same problem on LaTeXila (https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/LaTeXila).

Mouse copy from outside of LaTeXila into a LaTeXila page works, but marking something inside a page and trying to directly insert it elsewhere on the same page doesn't. Insert also doesn't work anymore after pressing a button, e.g., to bolden a word. So it seems the same behavior as for zim.

Don't know anything about the implementation of zim or LaTeXila so I can't make conclusions what causes this behavior. The code for LaTeXila is here, https://git.gnome.org/browse/latexila, and they also have a copy on github, https://github.com/GNOME/latexila. Maybe someone else sees the parallels between zim and LaTeXila.

Best,
Hella