"Flat usage" of Zim-Wiki without a nested structure?

Hello everybody

Is there anybod who uses Zim-Wiki without a tree structure of pages? I mean, instead of a tree on the left side one could have all notes in one column but work with tags for example.

What do you think about this ?
My problem is very often that I really can't find the correct item for my new subitem. Very often an item could fit in more than one position in the tree.
And another problem I could solve: my problem with the link text I mentioned recently. Without a tree structure every link would have <the right> link text for me.

Mhm, a bit confused if it could help.

Thanks
Daniel