Von: Alec [mailto:alecceckert@xxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. Januar 2017 23:00
An: Daniel Hofer <dh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: AW: [Zim-wiki] "Flat usage" of Zim-Wiki without a nested structure?

Daniel,

I see what you mean now. Using only tags will become difficult as the scale of your notebook increases. Ive found tags become messy after you add more than 25 or so, especially if you don't think about your tagging methodology. Using a combination of nested directories and tags may be a good method to overcome your issues, but you should define your own tagging methodology to keep it simple.

Personally, I use zim and org-mode to manage notes and todo lists, and I use directories to separate different notes by their context, (Personal, Education, Work, Projects (not personal ones), etc). Each context directory has no more than 2 more levels of contexts, and then tags are used when information within notes is relevant to multiple contexts. I keep tags limited to the title of the page or of the main headers within the page, but rarely use tags.

Hope this gives you a bit of inspiration.

Best,

Alec