Re: Some Trouble with Zim - Please i need help

(Yet again probably will probably not be treated as a response.)Not sure of your current status, but here's my understanding:-- Zim keeps the important parts of a notebook as ordinary text files.-- But there are a few things it keeps in a cache directory. If need be those can be re-created, but, for efficiency, they're kept around.-- One such thing is its index, which is kept as a sqlite3 database. If that's missing, it will be created when zim starts. In particular, if the database gets corrupted, you can probably workaround that by deleting the db file and having zim re-create it from scratch.-- The 'cache' directory and the 'index' directory are the same (I think), but the terminology may not be consistent.
-- Usually the cache directory is a hidden directory inside the notebook directory (the directory that contains all the notes for a notebook), but by setting a command-line flag it could be elsewhere.-- Not sure how good zim is at coping with the cache directory not existing.-- Also, not sure how good zim is at dealing with other index-creation failures.
My guess is that your problem(s) have to do with the one or both of the last two. So try-- re-creating the default .zim directory in the notebook (prob. ~/Notebooks/Notes/.zim), then normal start for zim.-- create a separate directory, then start zim with the --index flag. Don't use the directory for other things, not even other zim notebooks.In both cases make sure you can read and write to the directory.If neither works, most likely it's due to an index-creation failure, and might require further testing or setting a debugger breakpoint or running a version of zim with better diagnostics.

Follow ups