Re: search with keyboard

Le 17/11/2017 à 13:04, Gergely K. wrote:
Hi all!

I have a minor expectation mismatch with the search dialog. Note, that recently I use IntelliJ idea a lot :)

So, when the Search dialog appears, I'd expect Zim to refresh the page list as I type. I also expect Zim to navigate to the previous-next match whenever I press Up and Down keys.

So instead of:
* Ctrl + Shift + F – brings up dialog
* typing search term – nothing happens
* Press Enter – List appeared
* Press Down Down – Page list is in focus
* Press Space – first page match is displayed
* Press Down, and then Space – second page match is displayed

I'd imagin it like:
* Ctrl + Shift + F – brings up dialog
* typing search term –Search listconstantly updated
The search list should be updated after the second or third character. I guess updating at first one would take time and bring back to many results.
Except this detail, I agree with all the suggestions.
Charles.

* Press Enter – Jumped to first match (or even without pressing Enter)
* Press Down – second page match is displayed

On top of it, I can also imagine the search dialog like tags: as a side panel.

What do you think?

thanks
Gergo

Mobile:(+36 20)356 9656
"Olyan lángész vagyok, hogy poroltóval kellene járnom!"

‌